The Congress prepared to publish the debut top 100 candidates list for the assembly election 2014 on 4.3.2014.
- By giving them a dinner Congress President Sonia Gandhi requested the party MPs to stand brave for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
- Earlier BJP Bharatiya Janata Party, AAP Aam Aadmi Party and NCP Nationalist Congress Party declared the list of election candidates for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
- Congress is under battle over 10 year anti-incumbency of the UPA party lead govt and the competitions of and inflation and downing economy.
- The Telangana issue supported by Gandhi unable to get an interaction with party MPs.
- Both Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi were chatting with the mps like Union Ministers P Chidambaram, Sushilkumar Shinde, G K Vasan and Kamal Nath at the dinner.
- Chowdhary replica Gandhi asking MPs to be war ready for the succeeding Lok Sabha polls with confidence.
- The new way of candidate selection organized by Rahul Gandhi’s office overruling the traditional way of Pradesh Congress Committee forwarding names of probable candidates and recognizing the party president in few other seats.
- This time the candidate list is getting announced early due to the party’s poor performance in the latest assembly elections held so that the Congressmen can make effective campaign.